The ABR College of Engineering and Technology was established in the year 2008, and sponsored by ABR Educational Society to promote technological education to meet the requirements of a developing nation in the context of global concern at the threshold of the twenty first century.
A team of educated, enlightened, experienced technocrats with vision, firmly determined to promote high quality education is striving to provide every facility for achieving excellence. The college is one of the best colleges in and around the Prakasam Dist.The Standards of teaching are very high when compared with the other colleges. The college is affiliated to the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada.
The Engineering Programs offered at ABR College of Engineering are designed for career initiation and growth in the competitive market place. There is equal emphasis on theoretical concepts as well as practical insights, making our programs the right weapons to conquer the career goals.
ABRCET, is well known for providing world-class infrastructure that is useful to produce engineers for real world. The buildings of ABRCET are architectural master pieces which provide excellent ventillation, ambience and forms a perfect place for education.
ABRCET never compromises in providing best infrastructure to its students.
The college is well known for its commitment to install and update the infrastructure and facilities to the latest standards. The college is blessed with sound financial resources, wonderful buildings, distinguished library and latest ET facilities.
The institute also lays emphasis on developing ability to adapt to the fast changing environment. Efforts are made to achieve this through specific courses like ECE, CSE. EEE, CIVIL,MECHANICAL,MINING, AGRICULUTURE ENGINEERING,M.TECH,POLYCET,DED,BED and MBA etc., which are contemporary relevance.
The Programs offered at ABRCET are designed for career initiation and growth in the competitive market place. There is equal emphasis on theoretical concepts as well as practical insights, making our programs the right weapons to conquer the career goals.
The sprawling college complex stands on 25 acres of landscaped grounds out of which 1,95,000 sft consists of constructed area.The modern building is airy, pollution free, well lit and aesthetically designed. Every student will be provided with a smart card for the computer, electronic labs and library or identification purposes.
The campus also has a 10 acres large play ground and swimming pool for student’s recreation. Computers being an integral part of Engineering Curriculum, ABR provides state-of-the-art computer lab with sophisticated Hardware and Software supporting servers, UPS, Printers and Internet facility.
Well equipped electronic, electrical and mechanical labs as per JNTU and AICTE Specifications are constructed with all needed devices.
- A clean and pollution free environment for good learning
- Highly qualified, experienced and skilled faculty
- A good PC v/c student ratio in computer lab with Internet facility
- Highly sophisticated well equipped state of the art Labs, Workshops.
- A well equipped E class rooms for the benefit of students.
- A good Library with vast collection of reference, textbooks and Periodicals.
- Training for GRE and TOFEL and career counseling.
- Communication and personality Development classes at regular intervals.
- Report to parents on Attendance and internal marks every month.
- 21 mbps internet fecility with 24 hours WI-FI
- Merit Scholar Ships.
- Placement Assistance.
We offer B. Tech degree & PG courses in the following disciplines:
|Courses||Sanctioned Strength||Actual Intake|
- Admissions for first year B.E / B.Tech are currently on as per JNTU Regulations.
- Hostel facilities are also provided for Boys and Girls
- To achieve academic excellence and 100% placement Assistance for the students
- To develop department intranet providing groupware tools for the faculty, courses and study materials for the students.
- To conduct at least one faculty development program every semester
- To conduct National and International conferences regularly.
- To conduct seminars and workshops regularly.
- To promote research and development activities among the faculty and students.
- To introduce research Programs
- To set up the Research and Development Laboratory in Network security
- Conducting bridge courses regarding the upcoming trends in software
- Conducting seminars by eminent personalities to explore the core subjects in-depth
- Conducting Industrial Tours to the students
- Activating students to do Mini projects semester breaks.
- Sending students to various institutional, regional and national level technical paper presentations.
- To achieve 100% placement
The 6 year old Department of Computer Science and Engineering, with the strength of
260 students led by 20 lecturers, knows its goal of technical excellence and strives towards reaching it. From the year of its inception the department has been a consistent achiever.
The department’s success is attributed to its motivating and inspiring teachers who handle
subjects like Computer Networking, Principles of Compiler Design, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Engineering and Testing, Web Technology, .Net etc, with clarity and insight.
Academics apart, the department’s excellence is also reflected in its students accomplishment in sports. The students also excel in cultural activities like music and dance.
The placement figures are a mighty source of satisfaction to the department with 50%
Of its final year students placed in reputed companies through Campus and Off-Campus
There are about 364 students in the E.C.E branch studying at ABR. The foundations for core subjects Electronic Devices and Circuits, Microwave Engineering, Digital Communication, Antennas, Transmission Lines and Networks, Digital Signal Processing, Advanced Microprocessors, Digital Electronics are laid with hard work and dedication by our esteemed teachers.
The subjects that constitute the curriculum – electrical machines, electromagnetic
theory, control systems, power electronics etc. give the students a solid grounding in
the electrical and electronic fields. The department places a firm emphasis on knowledge based learning. The methods envisaged by the faculty serve a dual purpose. They endow the students with conceptual depth and at the same time enable them meet the requirements of the industry. The conventional methods of teaching are also interspersed with novel methods like virtual classrooms, power point presentations etc. In light of all these, it is no surprise that the students have performed consistently in the University examinations.
With a focus to enhance hands-on knowledge and to get a feel of the industry the students have undergone in-plant training in industries like Nagarjuna Sagar Hydro -Electric Power, BHEL, etc.
One of the strongest parameter used to rank an institution’s success is the number of students that get placed successfully at the end of their study. NIE which is only about 4 years of age has proved an exemplary placement record through its dynamic and efficient placement cell also called as “Career Resource Center”. The Placement Cell was established in April 2012 and has been devoted to bridging the Industry- Academia gap thus giving a wider exposure to students thereby making them industry ready. Several of the students from the two graduating batches have also taken up further studies at top Universities in the US.